CAE Part 4 - Key Word Transformations
Key Word Transformations.
Grammar and vocabulary.
Each question consists of a sentence followed by a ‘key’ word and a second sentence with a gap in the middle. You have to use this key word to complete the second sentence so that it means the same as the first sentence.
Number of questions:
How many marks are there:
Up to two marks for each correct answer.
What is testing:
- idioms and fixed phrases
- phrasal verbs
- verb patterns
- word combinations
- linking words//inversion/conditionals/unreal past/
- Write between three and six words as your answer.
- Contractions like can't or mustn't are counted as two words.
- Take a guess if necessary! You will not lose marks.
- Remember that you cannot change the key word.