FCE Vocabulary (Types of Books)
Match the words with its definitions. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- a manual
- a reference book
- a cookery book
- a directory
- a diary
- a brochure
- a novel
- a periodical
- a catalogue
- a textbook
- a book that tells you how to prepare and cook food
- a book in which you write down the things that happen to you each day
- a booklet giving information about something, for example, holidays
- a magazine that is issued every week, month etc.
- a book containing information on a particular subject, used at school
- a handbook, especially of information about a machine etc.
- a complete list of items, for example of things that people can buy
- a long written story in which the characters and events are imaginary
- a book that you look at occasionally for information, for example a dictionary
- a book giving addresses, names, telephone numbers etc.