PET Grammar - Present Perfect 2
Put the words in bold in the correct order. Don't forget to add the missing capital letters and punctuation.
1) has | this | already | drunk | coffees | evening | four
2) yet | finished | homework | they | their
3) just | from | returned | friends | Italy | have
4) in | you | a | ever | eaten | restaurant | Chinese
5) finished | has | the | work | garden | just | his | in
6) been | never | have | Scotland | to
7) received | letter | haven't | her | a | yet | from
8) biggest | the | fish | ever | I | seen | have
JUST, ALREADY and NEVER are used between have/has and the verb:
have never wanted
to go to North Korea.
has just had
have already paid
EVER is used in questions, negatives and comparisons:
Have you ever been
I don't think I
have ever been
It's the most boring film I
have ever seen.
YET is used in questions and negatives:
Have you finished
your homework yet?
The new washing machine
hasn't arrived yet