PET Grammar - Present Simple - Present Continuous 1
Match the verbs in bold to the uses of the present tenses. Present Continuous => PC/Present Simple => PS ANSWERS
- The Volga is the longest river in Europe.
- They are living in a rented flat at present.
- The train leaves in twenty minutes.
- Kelly is working right now.
- She is getting taller and taller every day.
- Jack sometimes plays football.
- She lives in Los Angeles.
- I am meeting my sister at 3 tomorrow.
- (PC) happening at the time of speaking
- (PS) permanent states
- (PS) something that is generally true
- (PC) temporary situations happening now
- (PS) daily routines or repeated actions
- (PS) future scheduled events
- (PC) future arrangements
- (PC) changing situations