Grammar - Modal Verbs 8
Match the words in bold with their synonyms. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- Perhaps she is in London.
- It wasn't necessary for me to walk to work as she gave me a lift.
- Would you like me to help you with your English?
- She's likely to know about it.
- It wasn't necessary for me to run as fast as I did.
- She is not allowed to eat sweets.
- It is not advisable to swim in this part of the lake.
- Do you mind if I turn on the light?
- I managed to find a place to stay.
- I'm sure she isn't lying to you.
- She could certainly
- You had better not
- I needn't have
- I was able to
- She might be
- She can't be
- She mustn't
- I didn't need to
- May I
- Shall I