Grammar - Present Simple vs Present Continuous 1
Match the sentences with their functions. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- Alan works in the post office.
- Water boils at 100°C.
- I visit my grandmother twice a month.
- You go down this street to the cinema, then you turn right.
- If you give her flowers, she will kiss you.
- The last train to Manchester leaves at 21.40.
- All of a sudden the door opens and a stranger walks in.
- First I have breakfast, then I watch television.
- Singapore Prime Minister visits Sri Lanka.
- Malkovich passes the ball to Lewandowski who kicks it and ... misses.
- repeated actions
- permanent situation
- sequence of actions
- laws of nature
- fixed future events