Grammar - Present Simple vs Present Continuous 6
Rewrite the sentences using the prompts. Use short forms and punctuation marks. You will need to use
present simple or present continuous
1) smoke | a lot these days.
2) be | an English teacher at international school.
3) leave | at 8.30 and | get | in to the station at 10.45.
4) mix | until | the yeast | dissolve.
5) you | taste | the apple pie? | To see if it | taste | good.
6) cross | the half-way line and | pass | to Ramos.
7) try | harder, she won't get this job.
8) normally | live | with their parents but for these two weeks they | live | in their uncle's flat.
a lot these days.
(PC) TEMPORARY HABITS
an English teacher at international school.
(PS) PERMANENT SITUATION
The train to Cracow
at 8.30 and
in to the station at 10.45.
(PS) FIXED FUTURE EVENTS
FIXED FUTURE EVENTS
Place half the water and all the yeast in a bowl and
until the yeast
the apple pie? To see if it
(PC) TO PUT A LITTLE FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH + (PS) HAS A DELICIOUS FLAVOUR
TO PUT A LITTLE FOOD IN YOUR MOUTH + HAS A DELICIOUS FLAVOUR
And now Ronaldo
the half-way line and
harder, she won't get this job.
(PS) FIRST CONDITIONAL
with their parents but for these two weeks they'
in their uncle's flat.
(PS) PERMANENT SITUATION + (PC) TEMPORARY ACTION
PERMANENT SITUATION + TEMPORARY ACTION
TURN OFF YOUR CAPSLOCK!