Reported Speech 6
Match the sentences with the reporting verbs. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- "Would you like to go to the theatre with me, Alice?", said Mark.
- "I wish I'd the chance to visit Barcelona", David said.
- "I ate too much for dinner. Now my stomach is upset", he told me.
- "If I were you, I'd be very careful what to say to him", said Robert.
- "Don't forget to do the washing-up", he said to me.
- "Don't move or else I'll shoot", he shouted.
- "No, it wasn't me. I didn't eat the last piece of pie", Paul said.
- "Yes, I have been involved in a road accident", he told me.
- "I'm sure Alice Johnson poisoned his husband", said the inspector.
- "Our team will easily win the tournament", Brian said.
- He complained
- He reminded
- He denied
- He admitted
- He invited
- He suspected
- He advised
- He boasted
- He regretted
- He threatened