Vocabulary - Verbs with different meanings 'KEEP'
Match the words in bold with a suitable alternative. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- Alan kept a bottle of whiskey under his bed.
- The milk will keep longer in the fridge.
- He kept his promise to visit them.
- Her only thought was to keep the children from harm.
- Paul hardly earns enough to keep himself and his family.
- My father used to keep a grocer's shop.
- It is important to keep calm in an emergency.
- You can avoid danger by keeping these simple rules.
- provide for
- stay fresh