FCE Idioms (Colloquial Expressions) 1
Complete the conversations with the following remarks. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- The food at the restaurant is very good.
- 'Of course, you can have it.'
- Come on, Greg.
- I'm not going to the party
- 'Meet me at six.'
- Stop making that noise!
- 'Thanks for your assistance, Keith.'
- 'What would you like? Vodka, wine, beer, cognac?'
- 'How many litres of blood is there in a human body?'
- Come on in Jack
- 'Come again?' 'At six o'clock. Okay?'
- 'What? For keeps?'
- 'You're welcome.'
- For heaven's sake.
- and that's that.
- 'You've got me there.'
- Mind you, it isn't cheap.
- and make yourself at home.
- 'You name it, we've got it all.'
- Get a move on or we'll be late for work.