FCE Idioms (Colloquial Expressions) 2
Complete the conversations with the following remarks. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- 'I've failed my exam.' 'I'm sorry to hear that Peter'
- 'Do you promise not to be late?'
- You know what I think,
- 'I don't really want to go to the cinema tonight.'
- The shop will have closed
- Yesterday I was at the local pub
- Phil says he can levitate.
- 'This coin is more than 800 years old.'
- I am completely indifferent.
- 'Happy Christmas!'
- if you don't step on it.
- 'Cross my heart!'
- Can you beat that?
- 'Imagine that!'
- 'Suit yourself.'
- 'And the same to you Carol.'
- 'Better luck next time.'
- and all the drinks were on the house.
- I couldn't care less.
- but it's up to you now.