PET Feelings and Opinions 3
Match what people say with the phrases on the right. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- I promise I will call you when I get there.
- What can I do for you today?
- Well, I'd rather eat pizza. What do you think?
- Don't try to open the door when the car is moving.
- I'm afraid there's a problem with the service here.
- I think you shouldn't drink so much wine.
- How about going to the cinema tonight?
- Would you mind if I borrowed this book?
- May I ask you how to get to the supermarket?
- Do you expect me to believe you did this on your own?
- showing preferences
- giving advice
- making a complaint
- demanding an explanation
- making a suggestion
- making a promise
- asking permission
- offering help
- asking for directions
- giving warning