Phrasal Verbs 5
Match the phrasal verbs on the right with the sentences on the left. The tiles in the right-hand column are sortable. ANSWERS
- Henry parked the lorry and _ _ _ _ _ the engine.
- She _ _ _ _ _ the television so her roommate could study.
- Could you _ _ _ _ _ the definition of this word for me?
- I didn't come to the party because my car _ _ _ _ _ on the way here.
- Planes were unable to _ _ _ _ _ from Schiphol because of thick fog.
- I’m really _ _ _ _ _ working with you.
- Susan would like to _ _ _ _ _ working after she's sixty.
- He _ _ _ _ _ some old photographs in a wardrobe.
- Look, _ _ _ _ _ ! It's only a little spider.
- She in her sleep at the age of seventy-three.
- look up
- take off
- came across
- carry on
- switched off
- looking forward to
- passed away
- turned down
- calm down
- broke down